The Top 5 Apps for Traveling College Students this Holiday Season
How to Save Time, Money and a Pounding Headache Using only Your Smartphone
NORCROSS, Ga. (November 4, 2014) – As many of your fellow classmates will happily tell you, the official start to the holiday season is just a few weeks away. If you plan to skip town and head home for the holidays or hit the slopes for a much needed vacation, you need to start making travel plans now. In order to save time, money and a pounding headache this holiday season, look no further than your smartphone. Here are the top five must have holiday travel apps for college students:
- RoadNinja – If your holiday travel plans include loading up your car full of friends, RoadNinja is the perfect app for you. Users learn the locations of restaurants, gas stations and points of interest near every highway exit. View real-time gas prices and access RoadNinja special offers and coupons. Share places you do or don’t like on social media with the tap of a finger.
- Popmoney – Because let’s face it, your friends don’t carry cash. Figuring out who among friends owes what for gas, hotel rooms, dinners, groceries and other payments during holiday travel can be a nightmare. Popmoney allows users to pay each other back using the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number.
- GateGuru – In case you already forgot last year’s brutal winter, it saw more than a million weather related flight cancellations according to research by The Weather Channel. For any student traveling on a plane this holiday season, GateGuru helps you find the best place to grab a bite and even do a little holiday shopping while at the airport. Suddenly that long delay becomes less painful and maybe even productive.
- Inrix Traffic – Research from the Travel Channel shows the day before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, closely followed by the Sunday after the delicious day. Because there are few things worse than wasting your holiday vacation while stuck in traffic, the Inrix Traffic app is a must have this holiday season. Using the app’s user-friendly interface, you have up-to-the-minute access to new routes, traffic patterns and gas prices.
- Spotify – To make sure everyone in your carpool home for the holidays can sing along, this is the perfect app for road trip music. With millions of artists at the user’s fingertips, playlists can be created so that everyone’s tastes are accounted for. Create a holiday mix to get you in the spirit of the season, or play some heavy metal to cope with the traffic.
When dealing with busy roads, unpredictable weather and inflated prices, preparation is key to having a smooth holiday travel experience. Don’t forget to download the above mentioned apps for your best holiday trip yet. Happy traveling!
404-214-0722 Ext. 103