BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. – February 25, 2010 – It’s time to take a recess from studying, and take advantage of the incredible late season snow conditions Breckenridge, Colorado has been receiving just in time for spring break. Get the entire Breckenridge spring break experience in March with unrivaled night life, live concerts including a FREE concert with Lyrics Born, hip restaurants, top terrain parks, blue skies and the legendary spring ski conditions at Breckenridge Ski Resort. Lodging and lift packages are still available, making an affordable vacation easier to attain than ever. Visit gobreck.com or call 877.593.5260 today.
Spring Break Lodging Packages:
• Spring Fun for Four: Five nights of lodging and four days of lift tickets for a group of four. Get 20 percent savings with prices as low as $99 per person, per night during March. Some restrictions apply.
• Spring Break Adventure Package: Five nights of lodging, four days of lift tickets, a dinner sleigh ride, dog sledding and a half day snowmobile rental. Get 15 percent savings with prices as low as $179 per person, per night during March. Some restrictions apply.
More Spring Break Events and Features than Ever:
• Spring Concerts at Three20South Live Music Venue March 1-27
Concerts include music from Swollen Members, The Bridge, Midnite, Boombox, Ozomatli, The Motet, Pimps of Joytime and more.
• Spring Break Breckenridge Bargains Coupon Books Valid March 12-April 4
More than 30 bars, restaurants and local businesses around Breckenridge will be featured in these coupon books. The prime resource for deals for Spring Break visitors. FREE at all Breckenridge lodging properties when you check-in and at the Breckenridge Welcome Center.
• Bud Light Best Bar Party Competition March 13-28
Breckenridge’s hottest bars and clubs will be throwing incredible parties as they vie for the title of “Breckenridge’s Best Bar Party.” The competition will offer different themed parties with drink specials, live music and tons of fun. Celebrity judges will determine which bar throws down the best.
• Colorado Freeride Downtown Rail Jam March 13
Watch as Breckenridge skiers and snowboarders showcase their best tricks in an open jam format from 4-6 p.m. in the heart of town at the Colorado Freeride parking lot.
• FREE Retro Ski Movie Nights March 14 and 21
Retro ski movies will show each night at 7:30 p.m. at the Riverwalk Center.
• FREE Spring Break Concert with Lyrics Born March 16
One of the most critically acclaimed and best-selling independent hip-hop artists of this era, Lyrics Born will perform a FREE ticketed concert at 7:30 p.m. at the Riverwalk Center.
• Dave Attell from Comedy Central’s Hit Show, Insomniac live March 18
Named one of the 25 Funniest People in America by Entertainment Weekly Magazine, Dave Attell brings his humor to Breckenridge to entertain spring break goers at 8 p.m. at the Riverwalk Center.
• Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour March 19
Come enjoy the spirit of outdoor adventure at 7:30 p.m. at the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour at the Riverwalk Center.
• Breckenridge Ascent Series March 24 and 31
Head up the Breckenridge Ski Resort for an evening hill climb event starting at the bottom of Peak 8 at 5:30 p.m. and finishing at the Vista Haus. Use any kind of way to get up the mountain, but skis or a snowboard are required to come back down.
Spring fun for FREE:
• Barney Ford House Museum tour
• Breckenridge Wine and Cheese Wednesdays
• Bus transportation around Breckenridge and Summit County
• Edwin Carter Museum tour
• Film nights
• Gallery visits and Second Saturdays gallery walks
• Gondola ride
• Lyrics Born concert
• Sledding at Carter Park
• Snowman building
• Spring break bar parties
• Spring break coupon books
• Spring break movie nights
• Spring break rail jam
• Swing Crew après ski show at the Coppertop at Beaver Run
• Tin Shop artist in residence studio
• Welcome Center museum and information
Spring savings with activities for less than $20:
• Arts District workshop (prices vary depending on workshop)
• Backstage Theatre productions ($20 adults, $14 children)
• Carriage ride (prices vary depending on length of ride and number of people)
• Comedy nights at the Park Avenue Pub ($10)
• Country Boy Mine tour and gold panning ( $19 adults, $13 children)
• D’Vine Wine tasting ($10)
• Fitness classes ($10)
• Guided historic walking tour ($5 adults, $3 children)
• Guided snowshoe hike ($12)
• Ice skating ($10 adults, $8 kids includes skate rentals)
• Mountain Top Children’s Museum ($5 adults, $7 children)
• NASTAR ski race course ($12 for and all-day pass)
• Nordic Center Pass for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing ($15 adults, FREE kids under 6)
• Rock climbing wall (3 climbs for $10)
• Speakeasy Movie Theater tickets ($9 adults, $7 children and seniors)
• Swimming, water slide and hot tub ($10)
• Three20South bar and live music venue (ticket prices vary depending on the concert)
• Shivaya Yoga ($15)
For more information on Breckenridge’s spring break events, activities and packages, visit gobreck.com or call 877.593.5260.
# # #
Media Contact: Carly Grimes, Director of Public Relations, 970.453.5064 or email@example.com