Do you want to succeed in the global economy? If so, you should study abroad and gain language and cultural skills that will be crucial to your career. Find out how: visit the Virtual Study Abroad Fair this Wednesday, February 25th, from 12 noon until 8:00 pm EST. Register at www.collegeweeklive.com/studyabroad
It is free for students, and you can win valuable study abroad prizes! The fair, hosted by the Institute of International Education, CollegeWeekLive, and the U.S. Department of State, is a unique opportunity for students and parents to learn more about the benefits of study abroad, program options, potential host countries and funding opportunities for those experiences abroad.
Visit the Virtual Study Abroad Fair to:
• Watch live video presentations about topics such as choosing a program, learning how to finance studying abroad, applying for scholarships, preparing for study abroad, and the value of study abroad for careers and job prospects.
• Attend sessions focused on study abroad opportunities in specific countries or regions.
• Hear from educational organizations about study abroad programs, internships abroad, and service learning opportunities.
• Chat live with study abroad representatives from colleges and universities and study abroad programs around the world.
Students who visit at least 5 virtual booths will be eligible to win one of the following prizes (you must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for prizes):
• Two (2) – $1,000 IIE Travel Prizes for study abroad (U.S students must be enrolled in an approved study abroad program by their institution to receive funds)
• Two (2) – $500 STA Travel vouchers
• Four (4) – $50 Amazon vouchers
This Virtual Study Abroad Fair is part of IIE’s Generation Study Abroad initiative to double the number of students who study abroad by the end of the decade. Learn more by visiting www.iie.org/generationstudyabroad. Join the conversation at #generationstudyabroad. Follow @IIEGlobal on Twitter and Facebook.
In its first year, nearly 500 partners from academia, and the public and private sectors from the U.S. and abroad joined IIE’s Generation Study Abroad initiative. These partners have pledged specific, actionable goals and tangible financial commitments that will contribute significantly to reach our ambitious goal.
Institute of International Education
Note to editors:
We welcome reporters and editors to register and join the Virtual Study Abroad Fair to explore and write about the information and the experience. (Note, you can still write about the fair after February 25 — students can register online after the fair is over to visit the virtual study abroad booths for 90 days, but the live presentations and live chats will not be available after the event). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to interview someone at IIE about the Virtual Study Abroad Fair or about IIE’s Generation Study Abroad initiative.
Download JPEG image here: