‘Iridescent’ and ‘Frenchie’ Lead as Current Student Favorites
Riverwoods, IL, Sept. 6, 2017 – Discover just passed the halfway point of its Discover it® Student Card design poll. Thus far, the iridescent pattern design (32%) and the Frenchie-in-sunglasses design (21%) are pulling ahead in the race. Voting closes Sept. 21 at midnight Central Time, so students should cast a vote at www.discover.com/student-card-poll.html. The winning card design will be available in early 2018.
Discover is also offering a $50 statement credit for students who apply through the link on the poll, are approved and make a purchase within the first three months.1
For many students, credit can be overwhelming, especially when getting their first credit card. A great resource for students is the Discover Credit Resource Center, which offers practical tips for managing credit, such as:
- Pick a credit card that fits your lifestyle. Not all credit cards are created equal, especially student cards. Take time to research and compare credit cards to find the one that best matches your lifestyle and spending habits.
- Understand all of the credit card terms. Read the fine print, including the information about the card’s Annual Percentage Rate (APR), fees and rewards.
- Get rewarded for building credit. With the Discover it® Chrome for Students, students receive 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1000 in combined purchases each quarter. So while you’re building credit history, you’ll also be earning cash back.
- Regularly check your credit score. The only way to know where your credit stands is to check it. With Discover Credit Scorecard, students, even those who aren’t Discover cardholders, can receive their FICO® Credit Score2 for free, making it easy to track your score.
About Discover Student Cards
The Discover it® for Students and Discover it® Chrome for Students Credit Cards offer students a great way to build their credit history early in their lives. These student cards come with many benefits including rewards on categories that students often spend in.
- The Discover it® for Students offers 5% cash back in categories that change each quarter, up to the quarterly maximum, when you sign up.
- The Discover it® Chrome for Students offers an automatic 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases quarterly.
Both cards earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, as well as a Good Grade $20 Cashback Bonus if their grade point average is 3.0 (or equivalent) or higher each year they are enrolled in school, for the first five years from the account opening.3
For more information visit www.discover.com/student.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America’s cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation’s leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company.
1 Get a $50 statement credit after you make your first purchase with a Discover it® for Students card within 3 months of approval. Offer only available to new cardmembers. Your statement credit will be automatically added to your Discover Card account within 1-2 billing periods.
2FICO® Credit Scores provided by Credit Scorecard are based on data from Experian and may be different from other credit scores. See Discover.com/CreditScorecard to learn more. FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
3Good Grades Rewards: Good Grade Reward only available to new cardmembers on or after 7/23/2015 who indicate on their application that they are currently enrolled in college, and whose accounts are current and remain open when the Good Grade Reward is requested. Students with a Discover it® or Discover it® chrome card who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent) during a School Year (September – August) may apply at Discover.com for a $20 Cashback Bonus (“Good Grade Reward”). One Good Grade Reward per School Year, per account, up to a maximum of five (5) consecutive years from the date your account is opened. Terms of Good Grade Reward Offer are subject to change.