Using the new “Pay with GasBuddy” service coupled with the GasBuddy smartphone app, college commuters can save $340 per year on gasoline, enough to purchase 1259 packs of ramen noodles a year
Free-to-join card program gives drivers 15 cents per gallon off a first purchase; and at least five cents off every subsequent fuel purchase
BOSTON – (Oct 4, 2017) – GasBuddy, the only smartphone app connecting nearly 70 million drivers with their Perfect Pit Stop, has unveiled Pay with GasBuddy, a new payment service that provides U.S. students a discount off virtually every gallon of gas they purchase.
As the price for college continues to go up year over year, so has the number of college commuters. According to Sallie Mae’s 2017 “How America Pays for College” study, half of students are living at home, up 3 percent from the previous year.
Pay with GasBuddy was created to help consumers save more money when purchasing gasoline. This card allows students to save wherever and whenever they buy gas regardless of brand or location. Students get a discount of 15c/gallon on their first fill-up and 5c/gallon on every fill-up after. Cardholders can find the lowest gas price with the GasBuddy app and then get an additional discount by using the card. Estimate saving when utilizing the card with the app is $340 a year*.
This amount of savings can be translated to:
- 1259 packs of ramen noodles (.23 each)
- 30 large cheese pizzas ($11 each)
- 17 cases of Bud Light ($20 each)
“The rising cost of education puts a strain on student finances and the Pay with GasBuddy card can help ease that by helping students save on this everyday expense,” said Walt Doyle, CEO of GasBuddy. “Commuter students, students headed to jobs or internships, or even those driving home on the weekends to visit their families can benefits from Pay with GasBuddy savings.”
Program features include:
- Free to enroll
- No credit application
- Signing up is simple, secure, and takes just a few minutes
- It works everywhere
- Consumers save on every gallon of gas, every time
How Pay with GasBuddy Works
- Visit GasBuddy.com or download the free GasBuddy smartphone app and click on the wallet icon.
- Sign up by connecting a valid checking account to Pay with GasBuddy. No credit application is necessary and accounts are securely connected in about a minute.
- When you receive your card in the mail, activate it by setting up a unique Driver ID in the GasBuddy app. Your card is now ready to use.
- Swipe your card at the gas pump as you would any other plastic form of payment.
*When combining Pay with GasBuddy with the GasBuddy smartphone app.
GasBuddy is a smartphone app connecting drivers with their Perfect Pit Stop™. With 70 million downloads, GasBuddy is the leader in crowdsourced information to help drivers find the best gas prices, closest stations, friendliest service, cleanest restrooms, tastiest coffee and much more. GasBuddy is the leading source for the most accurate, real-time fuel prices at more than 140,000 gas stations in the U.S., Canada and Australia. The Company’s B2B Retailer Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), known as GasBuddy Business Pages, provide Fuel Marketers and Retailers their best opportunity to maintain their station information, manage their brand, and promote to their target consumer audience. For more information, visit www.gasbuddy.com or email email@example.com.