Evanston, Ill., Jan. 6, 2015 – Along with their university partners, online course platforms Coursera and edX are offering 300+ great courses this winter. UniversitySpot.com provides easy access to thousands of the best online higher-education resources for students, counselors, teachers, parents and lifetime learners, and is pleased to present a refreshingly simple list of the most current course offerings for the New Year. Quickly scan through course titles from top U.S. and global universities to find the ones best suited to your interests.
Some of the most popular offerings that have recently started and those starting soon include:
• Introduction to Genetics and Evolution (Duke University) – Starting Jan 1
• Cryptography I (Stanford University) – Starting Jan 5
• Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python (MIT) – Starting Jan 7
• Natural Disasters (McGill University) – Starting Jan 14
• Critical Thinking in Global Challenges (University of Edinburgh) – Starting Jan 19
• Algorithms, Part I (Princeton University) – Starting Jan 23
• Gamification (University of Pennsylvania) – Starting Jan 26
• Model Thinking (University of Michigan) – Starting Feb 2
• Maps and the Geospatial Revolution (Penn State University) – Starting Mar 25
• The Science of the Solar System (California Institute of Technology) – Starting Mar 30
Check out the full list of courses as well as enrollment dates at UniversitySpot.com.
Published by StartSpot Mediaworks, Inc., UniversitySpot.com is the newest addition to the StartSpot Network, a collection of award-winning information portals designed to make finding the best topical information on the Internet a quick, easy and enjoyable experience. Current sites in the StartSpot Network include LibrarySpot.com , HomeworkSpot.com, GovSpot.com and more. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., StartSpot Mediaworks strives to create exemplary, high-utility best of Web resources that engage, enlighten and inspire. For more information, visit http://www.universityspot.com
Jennifer Borders, Managing Editor