SAN DIEGO – August 26, 2013 – As students head back to college, avoiding early-morning classes won’t be their only concern. More than three-fourths of college shoppers (76.5 percent) say the economy will impact their spending1, and Cricket Wireless is providing students ways to save on the latest mobile phone technology and must-have music this back-to-school season.
With students seeking clever ways to cut back on expenses to the tune of an eight percent drop in back-to-school spending compared to last year2, Cricket can help with no-contract, wireless phone service, including unlimited talk, text, data and music, for half the cost of AT&T and Verizon3. This gives students the opportunity to save, without sacrificing what they love – technology and music.
What’s college life on- or off-campus without music? Today, more than 70 million people in the U.S. listen to music on their smartphones, which is more than double those in 20114. With this evolution comes more college students ditching laptops as their primary music player and consuming more music from their smartphones. Whether using music as a soothing study tool, an escape from the campus craziness or simply as an enjoyable pastime, Cricket customers can save even more money by getting a Muve Music enabled Android smartphone for access to Cricket’s unlimited music download service that’s available at no extra charge. This means more money in student’s pockets for pizza, parties and play.
Cricket’s recently redesigned Muve Music features faster performance with a new user interface that allows for easier exploration of music, improved navigation and access to millions of songs. The service also offers Muve Mixes, custom playlists made by Muve Music experts, designed as way to explore and discover new music that customers can download to their song library. Muve Music comes standard on all Android based smartphones from Cricket.
For more information about Muve Music or Cricket’s dynamic service and newest device lineup, and to check availability, visit www.mycricket.com or a Cricket store near you. Follow Cricket’s latest news and updates online via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
How to get Muve Music
Muve Music is included in Cricket’s unlimited nationwide music, talk, text, and data rate plans5 at no additional cost. Cricket offers Muve Music on a range of smartphones. Starting at $45 per month, Muve Music is included in Cricket’s 3G or 4G LTE unlimited nationwide talk, text, and data plus music plans6. Muve Monthly Artist Programs such as Muve Headliner, Muve First, Muve Spotlight and Muve Icon were designed to promote music discovery and new music from up-and-coming and established artists.
Cricket is the pioneer and leader in delivering innovative value-rich prepaid wireless services with no long-term contracts. Cricket offers nationwide wireless voice and mobile data services over high-quality, all-digital 4G LTE and 3G CDMA wireless networks. Cricket’s innovative products and services, including the award-winning Muve Music® – the first music service designed for a wireless phone, are available nationwide at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and at www.mycricket.com. For more information about Cricket, please visit www.mycricket.com.
1. According to the National Retail Federation (http://www.nrf.com/modules.php?name=News&op=viewlive&sp_id=1626)
2. According to the National Retail Federation (http://www.nrf.com/modules.php?name=News&op=viewlive&sp_id=1626)
3. Requires enrollment in automatic bill pay; you pay $50 your first month and $45 each additional month of continuous service. Comparison based on AT&T Unlimited Nation Plan plus DataPro SmartPhone package as of April 2013, and Verizon’s Unlimited Nationwide Plan plus Smartphone Data as of April 2013. Requires $15 activation fee per line. Rate Plan contains full speed data allowance. Once you reach your full speed data allowance, your speed will be reduced. See mycricket.com/fairuse for details. Coverage details at mycricket.com. Taxed and fees excluded. © 2013 Cricket Communications, Inc.
4. According to eMarketer (http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Music-Goes-Mobile-More-Smartphone-Users-Stream-Songs/1010126)
5. Muve Music® is currently only available on select Cricket Android smartphones
6. When signed up for Automatic Bill Pay